"coony" adj. = sly, cunning, 1910

Darla Wells lethe9 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 4 19:23:59 UTC 2010

Coon-ass was what they were using when I was a kid in NW Louisiana--my
stepmom would always call me that when she was angry. It had connotations of
mixed race the way it was used there too. There wasn't too much
differentiation between Creole and Cajun then. That was in the 60's. "Coon"
was an insulting term for a black person.