"take offense to"; the "R-word"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 5 22:34:17 UTC 2010

Wait, wait! It gets better:

"The controversy over the 'R-word' comes just as the Special Olympics is
gearing up for its second annual 'Spread The Word to End the Word'
campaign.They have set up a website,
www.r-word.org<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/ynews/ts_ynews/storytext/ynews_ts1114/35006948/SIG=11qibid1p/*http://www.andrewgolis.com/ynews/wp-admin/www.r-word.org>,
where people can pledge not to use the word anymore. According to a
spokesperson, they're hoping to obtain at least 100,000 pledges to 'change
the conversation,' and as of this writing, they've collected over 55,000
pledges, including Rahm Emanuel's."

JL