Bad Girls speak

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sun Feb 7 16:29:55 UTC 2010

At 10:19 AM -0500 2/7/10, Jonathan Lighter wrote:
> [...]

Also popularized by Stuart Scott, ESPN's
quasi-hip-hop SportsCenter anchor, for e.g.
defensive backs intercepting passes, basketball
shot-blockers, and outfielders or infielders in
baseball making a great play to retire a batter.
I suppose the metaphor is that since the
offensive guys are the playas, the defensive
stoppers are cock-blocking playa-hatas.

LH