apocryphal = archetypal? unbelievable?

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Feb 8 03:59:49 UTC 2010

So, Larry, you're saying that in this sentence "apocryphal" is replaceable
by "too good to be true"?

I think "too good to be true" is even more of a stretch than
something catachrestic like "archetypal."

Having seen the movie (and read Beaumont's article) a number of times, I
don't think "apocalyptic" fits the context at all.

JL