apocryphal = archetypal? unbelievable?

Douglas G. Wilson douglas at NB.NET
Mon Feb 8 07:46:23 UTC 2010

--

"Legendary" it probably is.

Kids these days!

Compare:

<<Yon _have_ returned or _are_ returning from London—from the great city
which is to me as apocryphal as Babylon, or Nineveh, or ancient Rome.>>

-- letter by young Charlotte Bronte, dated 1834, here published in 1892.

http://tinyurl.com/yh62cy2

-- Doug Wilson
**