Facebook has redefined via (?)

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 11 22:23:11 UTC 2010

It's not obvious from FB PR, but this is a recent addition. This only
happens when X clicks on "share this" on something that has been posted
by Y. Normally, I would have expected [From] Y * via X, but the full FB
syntax appears to be X [got this] * via Y. If you interpret it this way,
there is nothing new to "via". I've been using it on FB for a long time,
e.g., when posting the original links I got from other people or from
blogs. But the new part is the FB now does this automatically when you
click on "Share this" link.

Nothing to see here... there is no man behind the curtain...

     VS-)