"Collagiste" [Was: Now we have literary "mixing" too]

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Sat Feb 13 22:46:28 UTC 2010

A Francophile correspondent on another list has applied a felicitous
term, referring to Fraulein Hegemann and her ilk:

"On the other hand, such young collagistes might bear in mind that in
the music world when this happens, the big music companies (I did
some work for one) are very careful to get their cut."

An artiste in sampling/mixing, someone more self-glorifying than a collagist.

117,000 Ghits, but I do not intend to seek the earliest in English.

Joel