"let ourselves off the hook"?

Lisa Galvin lisagal23 at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 18 23:40:33 UTC 2010

After several minutes of reading and re-reading this sentence (I admit it's hard to parse), I have come to the conclusion that the answer may lie in his referral to the personal story of Amy Bishop. He is concerned that people will say she was an anomaly--i.e., it was her fault for being "bizarre", rather than admit that the university/tenure system is broken.

Lisa Galvin