What is winter?

Herb Stahlke hfwstahlke at GMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 19 02:11:38 UTC 2010

There are the solar seasons, that start at a solstice or equinox, and
there are the popularly defined seasons:

Winter:  December, January, February
Spring:  March, April, May
Summer:  June, July, August
Fall:  September, October, November

Here in Indiana, Summer starts with the Indy 500 and ends at Labor Day.

Herb