What is winter?

Amy West medievalist at W-STS.COM
Fri Feb 19 13:18:23 UTC 2010

No, it's simply how it's being determined that varies. The Dec. 21 to
Mar. 21 dates are for the astronomical, if you will, season -- the
time between the winter solstice and vernal equinox -- determined by
the earth's position in its annual trip around the sun. The Dec to
Feb dates are for the meterological/climatic season -- temperature,
precipitation, etc.

---Amy West