nomconjobj: MWDEU

Robin Hamilton robin.hamilton2 at BTINTERNET.COM
Fri Feb 19 23:37:26 UTC 2010

MWDEU

> And if you're in the U.S., at least, you can see it in Full View on
> Google Books:
>
> http://books.google.com/books?id=2yJusP0vrdgC&pg=PA181
>
> Not sure how visible that is to people in other parts of the world.
>
> --Ben Zimmer

Thanks for the [usefully precise] link -- even a quick glance [at the entire
page] seems to mostly answer the question I raised in my previous post,
given the way references back to Fowler are deployed.  Be revealing to see a
point-by-point comparison between MWDEU and Burchfield's Fowler, if my copy
of the latter weren't 3,000 miles away from my hand at this moment.

Hey, maybe *that's googleable too!  <g>

Robin