COCA Corpus of Contemporary American English

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Feb 22 22:06:21 UTC 2010

Thanks for the COCA site edress

http://www.americancorpus.org/

This site has a word frequency list of the most popular 5k words in English.  I wonder where the words are from - newspapers? internet?.

I've written a book using the same 5k list but from Collins Cobuild of UK.  Theirs was from various publications, mainly the London Times.  I had to transpose spelling from UK to USA.  I rewrote the words in USA accent using truespel phonetics.  The frequency list allows comparison of letters and sounds which I do in my book using spreadsheets.  I'll be checking how the lists differ.

see truespel.com phonetic spelling

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469230/direct/01/