nomconjobjs: some factors

Alison Murie sagehen7470 at ATT.NET
Tue Feb 23 23:29:36 UTC 2010

On Feb 23, 2010, at 9:22 AM, Jonathan Lighter wrote:

> -----------------------
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Subject:      Re: nomconjobjs: some factors
>
> 448,000,000 hits on "for you and I." Not all relevant of course, but
> ten
> times the number of "for you and me."
>
> There's even _A Grammar Book for You and I (Oops, Me)_, by C. Edward
> Good.
>
> JL

I'm surprised that there has been no mention of the expression "We the
people" used  as object, which appears repeatedly in current affairs
writing.

This thread has recalled to me a boy I knew in jr. high school who
always said "I and (so&so did such&such)."  Someone must have
impressed on him that "me & Tom went..." was NOT correct!  His "I and"
was very striking.

AM