a wee predating of hotdog - if true - to circa 1870 (UNCLASSIFIED)

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 25 19:39:50 UTC 2010

I'd say though most don't realize it "Toyota" is actually pronounced "Toyoda" ~toiyyoedu in USA, with that last "t" swapped for a "d" sound.  It happens a lot without the speaker realizing it.  They would say they are saying a "t".

see truespel.com phonetic spelling

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469229/direct/01/