*tsunamus

Charles Doyle cdoyle at UGA.EDU
Sun Feb 28 21:19:42 UTC 2010

The folkgroup that I hung with as an undergraduate was fond of such constructions: an "okrum," a "macaronus" (we were more interested in Latin than in Italian)--or (in the other direction) a couple of "Kleenices" for nose-blowing.

I have heard, proffered seriously (orally), "peni" as the plural of "penis"--which is perhaps no weirder in English than "penes."

--Charlie