More RE: Further Antedating of "Real McCoy"

Shapiro, Fred fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU
Sat Jan 2 13:29:11 UTC 2010

Here is the record from the National Library of Scotland catalogue:

Title:   A new song call’d The real McCoy.

Date(s):        [ca. 1870?]
Publisher:      [Dublin] : P. Brereton Printer 1, Lr. Exchange St,
Format:         Book
Size etc:       1 sheet ([1] p.) : ill. ; 29 x 11 cm.
Note:   Dated from examination of text and style.
        First line reads: You lads and lasses draw near I’m going to sing a song.
        In one column with an illustration above the title.