Fictional Materials for OED

Sun Jan 3 09:55:47 UTC 2010

I have friends who refer to me as being a hobbit because they are troll-sized (average height) in comparison, and they refer to my feet as "hobbit feet" for their size and hirsute nature. Probably too much information, but this fits with the paleoanthropological use in illustrating that the word has come into its own. There is probably an influence by the unacceptability of using terms like dwarf and midget. BB