Antedating of "Junior High School"

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Mon Jan 11 19:11:20 UTC 2010

At 1/11/2010 09:56 AM, ronbutters at AOL.COM wrote:
>Wouldn't a better place to look be education books and journals of
>the 1900s? I'd think that there would have been a good deal of
>theoretical discussion before a political body took action.

In support of this hypothesis, the same Columbus Ohio of 1909 is the
place and date of the currently-earliest OED quotation, which I cited
earlier and which is about the Board declaring itself in favour of
the system.  Yes, the Board must have had a proposal before it
earlier, and even earlier someone might even have had the theoretical notion.

Joel