Still :-) mostly -- McWhorter on "standard English"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jan 14 21:53:34 UTC 2010

>>Received Standard English -- "I say, my good man (or woman, or person as
the case my be), would you do me the favour of providing me with nourishment
in the form of ground up cow clasped in a bun?"

Doesn't this just make RSE equivalent to "fossilized, circumlocutional
English suitable only for class-directed satire?"

If so, amusing; but surely the reality is more subtle.

JL