Readex Newspapers

Shapiro, Fred fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU
Fri Jan 15 12:47:27 UTC 2010

I have temporary access to the full range of Readex newspapers and African-American newspapers.  If anyone has any terms or phrases they want me to search, please let me know and I'll try my best.

Fred Shapiro

From: American Dialect Society [ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Joel S. Berson [Berson at ATT.NET]
Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 2:13 PM
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: "African American Newspapers, 1827-1998"

There appears to be a new offering via the New England Historic
Genealogical Society out of Readex's Archive of America (at least I
hadn't noticed it before today).  Listed now in addition to
"America's Historical Newspapers" [the NEHGS only subscribes to"Early
American Newspapers, Series 1, 1690-1876"] is "African American
Newspapers, 1827-1998".

If that's a new offering from Readex itself, enjoy.

Joel