Re: [ADS-L] 1909

Sat Jan 16 08:06:26 UTC 2010

I certainly heard old codgers when I was growing up in Illinois
saying "Nineteen Ought Six."(known as the year of the All-Chicago
World Series)  My East Coast-born dad, who was born in that year,
always said "Nineteen Oh Six" though, which is what I say too.  I
think my grandmother, East Coast also, born in 1879, may have used
the form "nineteen six", however.

Paul Johnston