OT: 1909

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Tue Jan 19 02:25:10 UTC 2010

At 1/18/2010 08:32 PM, Mark Mandel wrote:

>Aauuuggghhhhhh!!!!!

Thanks for the appreciation -- greater, I assume, than "groan".

Apparently Sir Walter Raleigh was ath[e/o]tic also.  In his preface
to "The History of the World", he wrote "Now for King Henry the
Eight".  Or at least so it is transcribed in Alasdair Gray Mainly's*
"The Book of Prefaces."

Joel

* The title page reads
  The Book
       of
   Prefaces
Edited and Glossed
by Alasdair Gray
      Mainly

The Harvard catalog reproduces this, but removes the capital from "mainly".