"Nor'easter" -- missing definition? and an antedating

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 19 14:51:24 UTC 2010

Well, there are winds and there are winds, but my impression is that a
"nor'easter," by definition, is a strong one and thus the word's extension
to include, even designate, the frequently following storm of rain, sleet,
etc.

However, a "brisk nor'ester" is merely, well, brisk. OED needs to tweak its
definition.

JL