Request for member withdrawal

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jan 21 14:52:42 UTC 2010

If Tom has violated our anti-troll ground rules, that should be that.

Like the first Amendment, though, I reject censorship unless the
words threaten a lot more than feelings. Public safety, for example, or
national security. Tom doesn't have that power. I read Tom's posts as meant
to deride changes in terminological fashion and not persons - except,
perhaps, persons who are simply better informed than he is.

Use of the delete button will solve the problem. It would avoid the
precedent of making satire alone a ground for banishment. To me,
that precedent would be the far more disagreeable choice.

I'm tempted to reply to Bill's question of whether "this is...[about] PC,"
but I don't know what that means.

Sure, I know the word. I just don't know what Bill (or anybody else)
necessarily means by it.

JL