Race [was: political correctn]

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Fri Jan 22 00:45:56 UTC 2010

I was about to say the same.  I remember not too many years ago a TV
program where the genomes of a number of "racially" diverse young
people were analyzed.  Many were found not to correlate most closely
with other persons of their own "race", but with persons of other
"races" -- such as (although I don't remember the specific instances)
a "black" of American ancestry with a Scandinavian.

Another way of putting the situation is that there is more genetic
diversity *within* a single "race" than there is across "races".

Joel