"shit in a seabag"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jan 24 16:11:37 UTC 2010

Yes, gentlemen. You will be discomposed to learn that even now, in my
underground wordplay laborat'ry, I am working day and night to prepare the
ultimate pun, a pun so insidious that, once heard, it sinks deep and
unnoticed into the unconscious, where it remains seemingly inert as years
pass, perhaps decades. Then, one night, preferably in depths of winter as
the blizzard wind howls round the eaves, the victim awakes at 3 a.m.
screaming:

But perhaps that pun has found its way already into one of my seemingly
innocent posts....

To less troubling matters.  Most of Bill's chow terms are documented back to
WWII if not before. The exception, "tube steak," isn't in print till 1953,
but that may be close enough for government work. Maybe it was inspired by
"cube steak."

Any "new" food slang is always welcome because it helps me stick to my diet.

JL