PC-ness (UNCLASSIFIED)

Seán Fitzpatrick grendel.jjf at VERIZON.NET
Mon Jan 25 06:54:16 UTC 2010

Were I a censuring man, I would save my censure for the clueless Pollyannas
who made it a requirement that each contesting NATIONAL pair in an
INTERNATIONAL competition do "an original dance that is representative of a
country's culture"--"a country", not necessarily their own.  Diversity--or
whatever it's being called this week--rots the mind.

Seán Fitzpatrick
It’s a Gnostic thing. You wouldn't understand.
http://www.logomachon.blogspot.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Wilson Gray [mailto:hwgray at GMAIL.COM]
Sent: Sunday, January 24, 2010 9:24 PM
Subject: Re: PC-ness (UNCLASSIFIED)

For what little that it may be worth, I side with the Australian
Bushmen and their extremely riche and secluded culture. It's the
minstrel show all over again. OTOH, it might be quite interesting to
see someone jumping Jim Crow on ice skates. You never know.

-Wilson

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 4:59 PM, Jonathan Lighter
<wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Subject:      Re: PC-ness (UNCLASSIFIED)

---

> From the "You Can't Win in a PC World" Dept.:

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/vancouver/blog/fourth_place_medal/post/Russ
ian-ice-dance-tribute-to-Aborigines-offensiv?urn=oly,215206