"crash blossoms" redux

Sun Jan 31 16:10:35 UTC 2010

Far be it from me to steal from ADS-L's glory! I don't believe I
"assigned credit" to Language Log -- I only said that many examples
(including Steve Anderson's) appeared after I first posted about crash
blossoms on Language Log (following John McIntyre).  But I should have
phrased that more carefully -- post hoc ergo propter hoc and all
that...

--Ben Zimmer