Hoarse, four, mourning etc.

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jul 4 05:00:40 UTC 2010

It may make no difference to the message. But

   - a *messenger **carries *a message composed by someone else, while
   - a *messager*, as I use the word (derived as a regular nomen agentis
   from the verb), *composes *a message and *transmits *it electronically
   without the human intermediary of a *messenger*

m a m

On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 5:57 AM, Margaret Lee <mlee303 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> How extensive is the use of message as a verb? Messager certainly sounds
> more natural than messenger in trems of texting, but I can't see a real

difference between 'sending' a message and 'carrying' a message. In both