"At dat time, if I'd a knew betta, we'd a copyrighted that shxt!"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jul 4 23:25:10 UTC 2010

A member of the former New Orleans rap group, The Hot Boys, which
included Li'l Wayne, as he finishes his anecdote explaining the
creation of, originally, _bling-bling_, later, _bling_ by Li'l Wayne
in 1997.

This jibes with my earlier typically-Wilsonic post WRT having seen a
TV documentary re black N.O. in which some random - to me, indeed, to
practically else over the age of twenty, even in N.O., at that time -
local teenager who kept using the term, "bling-bling." Annoying,
since, per my grammar and that of other Southern speakers, including
Elvis, he should have been saying, "bli[N]-blink." Of course, I was
assuming that the speaker was aiming for standard "blink-blink."
However, according to the anecdote, it was _bling-bling_ "from Jump
Street," to coin a phrase.
--
-Wilson
–––