Q: Possible 1727 "queen" = male homosexual?

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Sun Jul 11 14:04:29 UTC 2010

I understand; what I was wondering is if it rates a [1726].  There
seems to be a allusion to royalty shared by the nickname "Queen" as
in the quotation and the OED's ["1893 Alienist & Neurologist 14 732
Standing or *seated on a pedestal*, but accessible to all the rest,
is the naked queen (a male) whose phallic member..is subject to the
gaze and osculations in turn, of all the members of this lecherous
gang of sexual perverts.]"

I also wonder if "Queen" became frequent -- even if just as the
nickname -- in the 1720s and 1730s, which (I read) was when the
"molly houses" arose in London.  (I've asked Rictor Norton.)

Joel