He says "overpass", I say ...

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jul 12 16:12:48 UTC 2010

  True, but "low underpass" is confusing, if it makes any sense at all.
Yet "low overpass" means something other than what it is used for here,
so it's not much of an improvement.

Storrow Drive is notorious for low clearance of its many underpasses,
routinely snagging moving vans coming in to drop off incoming students.
However, the logical implication here would be of a depressed roadbed in
an underpass, not of the vertical clearance of the passage. I am not
entirely sure how I would express it in a short phrase, but "low
overpass" ain't it.

     VS-)