"lead-pipe cinch" (antedating to 1888 July 29)

Douglas G. Wilson douglas at NB.NET
Tue Jul 13 00:04:46 UTC 2010

--

But ... lead water pipes were used widely and routinely anyway, AFAIK.

Here's a statement by Werner Troesken (whose 2006 book on lead water
pipes can be read in part at G-books):

http://papers.nber.org/papers/w9549

<<Municipalities first installed lead pipes during the late nineteenth
century. In 1897, about half of all American municipalities used lead
water pipes.>>

-- Doug Wilson