query on poetic figure

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Fri Jul 16 14:18:53 UTC 2010

I never learned a term for it, but I do like this example that allows
for an instance of the rarely sighted Rhyme For "Orange":

The River, Where She Sleeps
Tracy Grammer & Dave Carter

Professor come to burst my bubble
says that girl is bound for trouble
serves me solace in a paper cup.
But it looks a bit like agent orange
and when he leaves he slams the door an(d) j-
-ust about that time she phones me up.

--['orInJ] and ['dOrInJ] are a perfect rhyme here.

LH