Quote: lead a whore to culture (antedating Dorothy Parker 1962 July) (Folklore 1963 March)

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jul 20 01:23:33 UTC 2010

The Indiana University Folklore Archive is (or was) a repository for
undergraduate folklore collections turned in as assignments in classes on
folklore. (I did some research there many years ago.)

All items in the archive were dated by the student collectors to the time
when they collected them, usually during the same semester that the
collection was turned in. (Of course that date appeared too, IIRC.)

My guess is that the date of the items' collection was between ca1957 and
1963, as the Archive was started by Richard M. Dorson while he was head of
the Folklore Department beginning in 1957.

JL