"How could they tell"?

David A. Daniel dad at POKERWIZ.COM
Tue Jul 20 21:00:46 UTC 2010

Thanks. This may come in handy some day if I need one of those things. But I
was just in it for the crash flower. Oops. Hmm. I wonder if that is an
eggcorn for crash blossom.
DAD

If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?

-----Original Message-----
From: American Dialect Society [mailto:ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of
Victor Steinbok
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 4:23 PM
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: "How could they tell"?

---

  Cheney received an LVAD, which, without transplant, extends one's life
by weeks or months, in rare cases, a couple of years. LVAD indeed
facilitates blood transport without contributing noticeably to "pulse".
And the fact that he needed one means that his heart was incapable of
pushing blood through which may well be interpreted as lack of pulse (if
we go by audible signals only).

If he does not go on the transplant list--on which, judging from the
rapid succession of surgeries, he should have been for some time
now--statistically, he should not survive into 2011. Without LVAD he
would have already been dead. There is also a possibility that he will
fly out to a country where the transplant lists are ... uhm... shorter.
That might go well with his status as newly undead.

On 7/20/2010 3:07 PM, David A. Daniel wrote:

>> "Heart Device leaves Cheney without a pulse"
> So the heart device has no pulse since it left Cheney? :)
> DAD

03:36:00