query: a cock and cock story

Douglas G. Wilson douglas at NB.NET
Sun Jul 25 06:18:44 UTC 2010

--

The writer is Alfred Doten. It is p. 957. The cipher is transparent. On
the same page is an instance of "get [one's] gun off" (shown under "gun"

--

Apparently Doten. Presumably others of his time. Maybe some now, I don't
know, but as I recall "cock" = "pussy" speakers of my acquaintance

--
--

Hard to test, but my guess would be that it's just a generalization from
the male term. There was/is considerable 'taboo' involved, hence

Note that Doten's "gun" surely would seem to be a masculine metaphor
also, but also freely applied (by him) to a woman.

--
--

Seems unlikely a priori (to me).

-- Doug Wilson