OT: Wall Street Journal discovers linguistic relativism

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jul 26 21:15:09 UTC 2010

  Fair correction. There is an additional meaning, in Russian, of
course, based on the derivation--it is the same expression that is
occasionally used when someone confuses the right and the left, giving
direct credence to the story.

I exaggerated the "bales", of course, but "wisps" sounds like a lot less
than the version I heard. Perhaps "handful" or "bunch"--informal
measures are so hard with long thin objects.

     VS-)