Shouldn't it be "Jailbroken"?

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jul 26 22:36:48 UTC 2010

At least one linguist famous in the field, R.P.V. Kiparsky, has
claimed in lectures and in print that derived verbs tend to be
regularized, in all Indo-European languages, at least. Under this
theory, "jailbreaked" is the form predicted to appear. Larry, equally
famous in the field, as is arnold, had an interesting comment
regarding this claim, the last time that this kind of phenomenon was
discussed, here.

-Wilson

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 3:52 PM, Dan Goncharoff <thegonch at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       Dan Goncharoff <thegonch at GMAIL.COM>
> Subject:      Shouldn't it be "Jailbroken"?
>
> http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheat-sheet/item/govt-to-allow-jailbreaked-iphones/
>
> Gov't to Allow Jailbreaked iPhones
>
> Let the porn floodgates open: New government rules will allow iPhone
> owners to jailbreak their phones so that they can download
> applications that have not been approved by Apple. Other new rules
> will allow people to break access controls on their phones so they can
> use them with other carriers; and for professors, film students, and
> documentary filmmakers to break copy-protection measures on DVDs so
> they can use clips for educational purposes and criticism.
>
> DanG

-Wilson
–––
–Mark Twain