moola antedated to 1937

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 28 15:37:11 UTC 2010

Nice.

An acquaintance of mine suspected that "moola" might be related to the
Arabic root "m-l" implying property or substance (IIRC).  He was going to
Egypt anyway and said he would test his theory.

No dice.  The Egyptians stared at him. "Moola" was meaningless.

JL