"Don't get mad! Get Glad!"

victor steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jun 1 19:53:54 UTC 2010

Don't forget "Why can't you be like X" or "I wish I had X for
son/daughter". I am sure more can be found in How to Be a Jewish
Mother, complete with the glossary for a variety of "terms" such as
"wash down", as in "have some bread to wash down that soup". And, no,
I am not kidding but Dan Greenberg was). Besides, it's a heavily
Anglicized version--I'd like to see it in the original Yiddish.
;-)
There is 1992 "30th Anniversary Edition", but it was originally
published in 1964. [http://amzn.to/btYcBr]

There is also a how-to defense book: How to Survive a Jewish Mother.
[http://amzn.to/bBYtNn] It's a bit more recent vintage.

VS-)