another euphemism

victor steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jun 16 17:44:09 UTC 2010

Something I am not familiar with, but not claiming that it's anything
new (or even new to many on the list, perhaps).

Perez Hilton maybe in trouble for linking to some paparazzi photos.
But this is a minor point. PH has been obsessed with the question of
whether starlets do or do not wear underwear in public. This prompted
a comment from the proprietor of another gossip site:

“Although it seems clear that she's either going commando or rocking
an itsy-bitsy thong."

There are plenty of raw hits on "going commando", including 24 on
GN--about half are a follow-up on Perez Hilton escapades while the
other half are from two weeks ago concerning Venus Williams [not going
commando]. There are a couple of other references as well.

Having lived a sheltered life, I am also unfamiliar with this meaning
of "rocking" (==sporting or is there more?).

VS-)