minor 9 yds. questions

Stephen Goranson goranson at DUKE.EDU
Fri Jun 18 12:57:07 UTC 2010

If convenient, would someone be interested in checking NA for date, text, and whether they are from the same reporter?

Redlands [CA] Daily Facts, April 7, 1965
...AFB for training in Air Combat [?] when this occurs, the flare ship...tactical warfare. We got...altitude, continuing to the whole nine yards, including drop [?] flares and the fighters a side trip to Panama....lower altitude...the area held by the Viet....

Redlands Daily Facts  Feb,. 17, 1969
...(and it might as well be a friend) ought to write a swan song for the ex-commissioner [of baseball] William D. Eckert (Lt Gen ASAF, Ret.)  better known as Spike. To me the whole nine yards of l'affaire Spike never quite made sense, some writers derive an odd sadistic euphoria for knocking a man who has made it in this....

Also, though it may be too late to be important,
Index to the Honolulu Advertiser and Honolulu Star-bulletin‎
Hawaii. Office of Library Services, Library of Hawaii. Friends, Hawaii State Library, Library of Hawaii -  - 1975 three articles:
Page 38 [GB says p. 37]
Richard Wood debuts in "The Whole Nine Yards" at Tenny Theatre A5/2/75 C5:1
DRAMAS-REVIEWS
 "Whole Nine Yards" HPAC S5/8/75 F6:1 A5/9/75 C10:1
S-Star A=Advertiser
Anyone know about this play (or reviews), perhaps at St. Andrew's cathedral, now a youth theatre? The WNY movie writer Mitchell Kapner, I think, is too young to have written it, but perhaps not so the 1986 WNY youth book author (from Texas?), Dallin Malmgren.

Thanks,
Stephen Goranson
http://www.duke.edu/~goranson