Earlier English Pronunciation

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Mon Jun 21 20:43:42 UTC 2010

Browsing in Leonard Maltin's "Classic Movie Guide" (2005), I find
that he writes about Orson Welles' "Macbeth" (1948; 89 min.):  "Most
revival houses now show Welles' original version, which runs 105m.
and has the actors speaking with authentic Scot accents."

To my regret he doesn't say Scot accents of what period, nor what
accent is used in the 89 min. version. Nor for that matter whether
the text is translated into modern English (Scots?).

Joel