rectangle vs. square

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jun 26 23:21:46 UTC 2010

I'm fully satisfied that "rectangle" has long since ceased to include
"square" and "oblong" as subsets in today's corrupt version of our
majestic tongue.

I merely felt like bitching about it.

BTW, you want to be careful that you don't unconsciously become truly
- instead of jokingly, as I am - prescriptivist: "It's true because
the OED *says* it's true!"

You realize that that manner of thinking is right simple, of course.

-Wilson

--
-Wilson
–––