Three pairs of pronunciation

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jun 28 14:29:16 UTC 2010

In each case, if asked to pronounce the pair, I would say them the same.

OTOH, I doubt I would ever use "mourning" in a sentence and make it
sound the same as "morning" when I am greeting someone while in a good
mood on a glorious day. Likewise, I would never stress the word "for"
the way I clearly enunciate a digit while communicating a telephone number.

So, while I confidently claim to pronounce them the same, I doubt they
ever sound the same in context, except for "horse" and "hoarse", unless
I am the one who is hoarse, and explaining my affliction.

DanG