Who cares about National Grammar Day? Or is it whom?

Thu Mar 4 13:46:46 UTC 2010

The use of nouns as verbs is common in American English. That is to say, any noun can be verbed. For that matter, nouns can be adjectived (or at least made the first elements in noun compounds).

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Zurinskas <truespel at HOTMAIL.COM>
Date:         Thu, 4 Mar 2010 10:41:09
To: <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
Subject:      Re: [ADS-L] Who cares about National Grammar Day? Or is it whom?

One thing from the Olympics I hadn't heard before is the word "podium" used as a verb.  "To podium" means to get a medal, be it gold, silver or bronze.  To say "She podiumed 3 times" means she got 3 medals of various kinds for 3 events.

see truespel.com phonetic spelling

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469228/direct/01/