Pamela in 1842

Robin Hamilton robin.hamilton2 at BTINTERNET.COM
Sun Mar 7 11:56:02 UTC 2010

> as Robin points out. There is also a
> volume 4 but I did not bother with that one.
>
> VS-)

Shame on you, Victor -- I once managed to upstage Julie Coleman by
referencing the third edition of David Haggart's _Life_.

As Julie usually and quite meticulously cites works she refers to from their
British Library catalogue numbers, this is a hard act to follow.

I think I learned from Julie that you *always track down the earliest
published first edition of anything, only I carried the lesson to some sort
of extreme state that only geeks inhabit.

Payed off, but -- managed to work out, by looking at the title pages, just
why Samuel Rowlands was quite so pissed off with Thomas Dekker that he
accused him of plagiarism  (in 1612).

There's a lesson here somewhere ...

Robin