Squinting agreement

Sun Mar 14 21:09:19 UTC 2010

Barbara Need wrote

> In an article about race and identity in the census in today's
> _Chicago Tribune_ I saw the following sentence: "What that data are
> easier to quantify, critics say a rote list of boxes and checkmarks
> can't adequately reflect all the racial and ethnic
> transformations." (The antecedent of "that data" is "migration, family
> size and housing patterns.")

An online version of the sentence observed 5 PM EDT March 14 has
apparently been altered.

Some multiracial people unsure how they fit in 2010 census
By Oscar Avila, Dahleen Glanton, Tribune reporters
March 14, 2010

While that data is easier to quantify, critics say a rote list of

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-met-census-race-20100309,0,6367550,print.story