mayhem = "chaos; (hence) extraordinary clutter"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Mar 14 22:22:28 UTC 2010

Tonight's episode of "Clean House: Search for the Messiest House" (Style
Channel) involved a really messy house loaded with monkey knick-knacks and
clutter.

The host exclaimed, "With the monkeys and the mayhem" the place was a mess.

I have long noticed "mayhem" used on TV to mean "noise and confusion, esp.
as caused by small children."

JL